Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Few MIA in Action Sports (Snow) Hall Of Fame 2013 Inductee


2013 Action Sports Snow Inductees;  I had to read the fine print to see that this was FAN voted, hence the missing links.


Pretty amazing list of snowboardings iconic
However many missed who were very instrumental in growing the sport from banned at mountains and ones who pushed the envelope in the back country, ghetto pipes, AK, Filmer's and photographer.
Don't get me wrong, this is a banger list, hard to get everyone, especially as the list is from fans. 
But it's such a vast group I feel many pioneers were missed.  These stuck out at first glance, which means more missing, many as well, not to exclude anyone.  As mentioned partial list that came to my mind immediately following reading the above.

In no particular order;
Standard Films;  Dave & Mike Hatchet 
Mack Dawg Productions;  Mike McEntire
Chris Roach
Heather Mills
Nate Cole
Tex Davenport
Sean Johnson
Circe Wallace
Janna Meyen
John Cardiel
Fall Line Films;  Jerry Dugan & Arte Krehbiel
Aaron Sedway - Photographer
Kurt Wastell
Matt & Temple Cummins
Melinda Maxfield - Photographer
Barrett Kristy
Nick Perata

As I mentioned, I know I have missed many with my amended list, just quick adds that came to mind.
Snowboarding was not the hip slick and cool Olympic sport it is now.  It consisted of road trips, couch tours, clipping tickets & selling clipped tix for dinner money, gas money, sleeping in the back of cars, we were outcasts and rebels.  Many made little to no money, purely for the love and high that snowboarding gave us.  With a huge skateboarding backing as well, during the small wheel era.  With that note, many many more could be added.  But I'll never get this finished if I were to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment