Tuesday, July 19, 2011

FELT LIKE I WAS IN A MOVIE

It's like I stepped on to the set of INVINSIBLE.

I should say a field......
minus the rain,
minus the cars lighting the field of dirt
and of course minus the older never "had beens"......except Vince.

While walking I stumbled on a group of NFL Players practicing up the street from my house at my local high school football field.

What I saw was a group of kids playing, the fun and smiles all over their faces, practicing, drills and even some mock scrimmages.

What I learned is they, we're all but one, 7th round players, or free agents.

That no attitude was brought to the field, only heart, love for the game and determination.  Somehow the business side wasn't there......no agents...... only a group doing what they loved.

This group including players from several NFL teams, including Super Bowl Champs (Packers) Patriots, a Dolphin & even a Raider, not to forget, a handful of free agents.

How and why was this group collected........listening and researching I saw some connections.

Players were connected, via high schools, colleges, roommates as rookies but all with the commonality of wanting to play their dream game and prepare.

Made me smile inside every day I walked by, even the day I shot photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment