Friday, August 17, 2012

Two-A-Days at CHARGER PARK

New Aquistions, Draftees, Free Agents and Vets
all at 4020 Murphy Canyon Road, AKA "Camp".

The Grind in full swing.  Two-a-days in progress.

This was my first day this season down at camp.

Exciting energy going on everywhere great to see ALL!!!!
Players,  Chargers PR, coaches, media, interns and even families.

Had the opportunity to meet and talk with Ronnie Brown, former Auburn Tiger who joins 2 other alums on the team.  The colgate kid is definately a dynamite addition to the huddle and the locker room with his contagious smile and charismatic playful ways it even transends on the field!  What an asset!

Atari Bigby, what an inspiration, I think a silent captain for sure.  Then watching him practice, flying & leaping  all over the field, batting balls FOR PRACTICE!  Pretty awing, why he's been sooooo good.
Also interviewed Atari, check out video coming soon.

As always great to see a smiling Antonio Gates participating, healthy and doing what only he can do , even playing dominos.

But what came to me driving home was not all the smiles & faces but what materialized in front of my own eyes.  Families, players and their families, coaches and their families, scattered all over the practice field.  An extremely hard task for me not to capture some pictures, but it was so endearing, I wanted to be respectful... my heart sighed.   Watching the Weddle family, all I can say is that they are a walking billboard to have a family.  Shortly after  I saw Jammer playing with Eric Weddle's eldest daughter and I saw something I don't get to see that these players are not only close on the field and in the locker rooms but off in their off time as well,  true friendships, life long ones,  the most prized posession's, sharing families.

Chargers are practicing at MCAS Miramar www.miramar.usmc.mil/ today.  Pre-season game number two vs the Cowboys tomorrow at the Q and then Monday and Tuesday they will be having scrimmages, hope to go and check it out.

Lil Package on my visit coming soon, due to some power issues it was a little delayed.


No comments:

Post a Comment